The Social Research and Demonstration Corporation (SRDC) has posted the following job notice:
The Social Research and Demonstration Corporation is a non-profit organization primarily involved in the design, research, and evaluation of social programs and policies. Since 1991, we have been building a base of knowledge and experience about what works in employment, education, health, and social policy. While SRDC is recognized across Canada, and internationally, as a leader in the design, implementation, and evaluation of large-scale demonstration projects, we also conduct program evaluation and impact analysis for a wide range of government and non-governmental organizations.
We are currently seeking one or more full-time experienced researcher(s)/project manager(s) with a strong/demonstrated interest in labour market programming and policies, especially in the following areas: workforce development, adult learning, provision of employment support and services, youth employment programs, and labour market integration programs for new immigrants, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities.
The successful candidate(s) will contribute to studies testing innovative labour market program initiatives.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of demonstration and pilot projects in collaboration with clients, labour market partners, and service delivery partners;
- develop research/survey instruments and protocols;
- analyze quantitative and qualitative data;
- develop logic models, evaluation frameworks, work plans, data collection and analysis plans, and project budgets;
- write/contribute to research reports; present research findings to various audiences;
- develop research and evaluation proposals in response to specific client needs; and
- manage projects, or portions of projects, as part of a team of researchers and stakeholders.
- a graduate degree in a social science, with knowledge of applied research and evaluation methods;
- a minimum of three years’ experience carrying out advanced analytical or evaluation studies;
- strong knowledge of statistical techniques and research methodology;
- knowledge of federal and provincial labour market policies and programs;
- experience designing research studies, evaluation frameworks, and survey instruments;
- excellent writing and verbal communications skills in English; the capacity to work in both official languages is considered an asset;
- ability to present research results clearly and concisely; and
- organized, self-motivated, and capable of working effectively in a self-directed manner as well as collaborating in a team environment.
We take pride in our employees and in their commitment to excellence. Our reputation for professionalism, methodological rigor, integrity and ethics, objectivity, and exceeding clients’ expectations is based in no small part on our high-calibre staff. We offer our employees competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package as well as a stimulating work environment and a collegial approach to doing challenging and important work.
The successful candidate(s) may work in either Ottawa, Vancouver, or Toronto. Applicants should submit a resume and cover letter that indicates location preference and provides a short description of research interests and skills, explaining how they relate to the required expertise and proposed responsibilities. Candidates will be required to complete a research assignment as part of the selection process.
We are prepared to fill this position(s) through an interchange program (minimum secondment of
two years) if potential candidates have access to such programs with their current employer.
Please submit applications by September 7, 2018 to:
Elizabeth Rodgers, Director, Human Resources and Corporate Services
Social Research and Demonstration Corporation (SRDC)
55 Murray Street, Suite 400, Ottawa, ON K1N 5M3
Posted: August 7, 2018